How to Change A Visitor Visa to A Student Visa in the UK?

How To Change A Visitor Visa To A Student Visa In The UK?

By: Admin

If you are planning to visit the UK to study, work, as a tourist, or join your family, you will need a visa. There are many visas; if you google United Kingdom visa, you will get a list of all. Then, depending on your need, you may select the appropriate one with the help of study visa consultants.

You may apply for a Standard Visitor visa to visit the UK or choose a post graduate work visa. Using this visa, you can stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You can tour the UK, attend business meetings and conferences, study in courses for up to 6 months, and participate in some permitted activities. You cannot work under this visa. But if you want to stay for more than six months to study, then you should apply for a UK student visa.

Visitor Visa to Student Visa

How to Change A Visitor Visa to A Student Visa?

If you have a visit visa or a short-term student visa, you cannot apply for a student visa. To apply for a student visa, you should have the following eligibility that student visa consultants can help you:
  • You should be 16 years or above.
  • You should already be in the UK.
  • You should have got placed in a course by an authorised or licensed student sponsor. The sponsor will give you a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
  • You should be able to support yourself and pay for the course financially. (You may check UK scholarships for international students. They help keep the financial needs of the students.)
  • You should know and understand English. You should be able to read and write as well.

When should You Apply?

  • From the outside UK, you can apply for a UK education visa six months before your course starts.
  • When you are already in the UK, you may apply to switch to this visa three months before the course begins.
  • Also, before your current visa expires, you should apply for a student visa.
  • You must apply within six months of getting CAS.

The Duration of Stay Allowed

The stay duration depends on the course length and what course you have completed in the UK. For example, if your class is at degree level, you can stay in the UK for five years, and if it is below degree level, then the UK study visa permits you only up to 2 years.

You may apply for a Graduate visa, commonly known as a post-graduate work visa, before your student visa expires. It allows you to stay in the UK for two years after completing your course. You can work and look for work with this visa.

A Visa application involves many documents and adherence to stringent rules. Therefore, you may take the help of student visa consultants who are experts in the field. They will ensure your visa is approved first, saving your energy and time.